JellyPages.com

iPad Challenge for Autism

iPad Challenge for Autism
Help a wonderful little boy named Malcolm, earn an iPad, to help him overcome his sensory issues, his speech delays and difficulties, and to help with his other therapies. Just click the linked photo, then click the piece you want, and enter MALCOLM DENNIS in the "Challenger's Name" text box, and check out! It's super easy!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We have gone to print!

Yes, it's official! As of May 19th, the book that started out as a half a dozen college width, spiral bound notebooks, is on it's way to the printing press, where it will take on a whole new look. The 'hobby' that I spoke of in passing, the accomplishment that was mine alone to cherish, has no officially become a published piece of work, for the world to read, love, and critique.

Emotions are all over the place. On one hand, I'm SO proud, and ridiculously, over the top happy. On the other, I'm a nervous wreck. Until now, I could pick and chose who read my words. And make sure that those who did, would always be kind. Now, I no longer have that say. Anyone willing to order the book *when it's officially released* can pick up a copy and have their way with it.

Desta used to be MY character. Her image was mine alone to manipulate and mold, in the fashion that I saw fit. Now, she will become the main image, that everyone will associate with NyteBeauti, and image will no longer be mine to play with. Her adventures, and her life, were mine to enjoy. And now, her actions, her motives, her very nature, will be fodder for everyone to discuss, much the same as I have sat around the reading table, discussing why Acheron did the things he did, or why Frodo allowed himself to be sucked into a journey he wasn't prepared for. What sort of things will be said of my Sweet Desta? With people be kind? Or will people have no use for her emotional baggage? I suppose, the only thing I can do at this point... is just wait and see.

No comments: